UAW losses in 2000

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sun Apr 29 10:46:36 PDT 2001

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 LeoCasey at aol.com wrote:

> I think that it is a mistake for the UAW to be organizing graduate
> assistants and clericals, for example.

The grads pretty much organized themselves, it was more a question of where to send the dues check every month. The real issue is, that mainstream labor on the whole is just beginning to devote serious resources to organizing, or building third parties and defending the class interests of their members in a serious way. Though this is starting to happen here in Oregon -- just starting, we're talking the first shoots of spring, not luxurious summer foliage.

-- Dennis