UAW losses in 2000

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 29 19:55:18 PDT 2001

I agree with this in theory, but it doesn't account for the force of personalities in the labor movement. The fact is, SEIU is organizing health care workers because no other union would do it. SEIU has its limitations, but it probably has focused more resources on organizing than any other union. Given that reality, I'm happy to let them organize whatever damn industry they want. I don't trust the leadership of the other unions to do it.