Gotta love those Free Traders

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Apr 30 13:24:22 PDT 2001

The Financial Time wrote:

> Last but certainly not least is the possibility of
> protests by anti-globalization forces, like those seen
> in Quebec City last weekend, when the three-day
> meeting of Western Hemisphere nations was marred by
> fiery protests with police responding with tear gas
> and over 400 arrests.

Wow! The FT said that the Summit was "marred" by our protests. I'll have to keep this quote handy the next time I run across some dimwit who says that these protests don't accomplish anything.

At least we got Bush to admit that he doesn't like speaking "Mexican".

I also hear that on Saturday they closed down the kitchen at that was feeding the Summit because of the tear gas. Apparently they had to fly in cold sandwiches from a nearby town via helicopter.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).