Ethical foundations of the left

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Aug 1 09:32:13 PDT 2001

At 01:05 PM 8/1/01 +0100, Daniel Davies wrote:

>I think that I could come up with similar stories about refined versions
>of the same case if I had to, given time.

heh. if you live with a woman as husband or SO, then you should have ample experience of the same case.

those who've read Arlie Hochschild's _Second Shift_ might recall her discussion of 'gift giving' (in the symbolic sense) and how gifts are even defined as gifts in the first place and, in turn, how those gifts fail to get perceived by the recipient as a gift. same thing, if we remember that CA is about far more than just language.