back...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 1 10:25:23 PDT 2001

Ian Murray wrote:

> > Well, comrades, back from Australia, which is a very fine place. Did
>> I miss anything while I was gone?
>>
>> Doug
>=======
>Ken started channeling Habermas, Justin retaliated by channeling
>Moses' industrial relations lieutenant and the working class is still
>being exploited.
>
>Any good pub crawl stories?

Not really - did more polite wine drinking than pub crawling. Having the A$ at about US$0.51 makes for some great bargains. Excellent food & wine for what seems almost like pennies to an American. Australian wine is really good stuff - even the house wine in a pizzeria is tasty (and something like US$1.75 a glass). And Australians just love to eat, drink, hang out, and yak - my kind of people.

More to come, after I figure out the US GDP revisions that came out when I was away.

Doug