Media coverage of Israel/Palestine

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Wed Aug 1 11:11:02 PDT 2001

At 12:08 AM 07/29/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>While I agree that Arab culture suffers immense bias in characterization
>in
>the media, to argue that the Palestinians have been ignored in the media
>is
>bizarre given the fact that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is probably
>the
>most covered foreign policy story in the media.

The way the major media covers the story is like this:

1. The Arabs are terrorists. 2. The Israelis are defending themselves--perhaps a little too enthusiastically. Nobody, but nobody in the media calls the Israelis terrorists, which they are. Nobody comments on the practice of "collective punishment." 3. No mention of the extent of US support/influence

Joanna Bujes