The nation of jews...

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Aug 1 22:36:50 PDT 2001

What an obnoxious reductionist comment.

How about adding that a good chunk of my family died in death camps, so I understand why all this stupid reductionist talk about imperialism and Israel just misses the point of why Israel mattered for a lot of folks.

It is folks like Carroll who see everything through the lens of the Democratic Party and contort their political arguments on that basis.

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org http://www.nathannewman.org ----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 7:51 PM Subject: Re: The nation of jews...

"C. G. Estabrook" wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Nathan Newman wrote:

This thread as it has unfolded has not been about Israel or Zionism or racism or Palestine -- it has been about the byzantine metaphysical contortions any alleged progressive is forced into if he/she wishes to retain any relationship whatever with the chief Party of the Masters -- the Democratic Party.

Carrol