That was great...

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Aug 2 20:29:57 PDT 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Brad Mayer wrote:

> This issue has produced the most comprehensive division on that list that
> I've seen so far. I though I'd smell something fishy when first got on
> that list and noticed zilch discussion of the Middle East - this after last
> October.

Lighten up, dude. The only truly comprehensive division on this list I've ever found is that between those who play 3D videogames on hardware acceleration, and those who don't. It's the Summer of the Bubble Bust, time to kick back with a pilsner from the rising semi-periphery of your choice and cackly with ghoulish glee as the silicon rentiers get carpetbombed by the worst tech implosion in recorded history (minus 30% in June for the global market as a whole, which sort of hides the fact that the EU and Japan are experiencing relatively mild downturns, while Bananamerica is cratering at an unprecedented 45% year-on-year rate: http://www.siliconstrategies.com/story/OEG20010802S0013).

-- Dennis