Zionism vs. Black Nationalism

Art McGee amcgee at well.com
Sat Aug 4 13:42:11 PDT 2001

> And even if the problem of oppression disappeared, the
> positive values of Black culture, however created, would
> remain and be identifiable as different from other
> cultures. I don't think the people involved with them
> would want to abandon them. For what, after all?
> Wal-Mart?

THANK YOU. I forgot to mention that another problem I have with this whole disgusting conversation is the tired and idiotic assumption that "Black" people are only a social byproduct of oppression. Even if "racial" oppression disappeared tomorrow, we'd still be Black. We are an amalgamation of African cultures, New Africans, if you will (No, we are not mixed in with American culture, because we invented American culture. Without us, there would be no American culture. We ARE America.). The only difference is that then it would be much more heavily weighted towards culture, and much less around phenotype.

That's another thing that bothers me, even if we get rid of racial oppression, will that also mean that when people who happen to be Black invent something, like Jazz, the Blues, Hip-Hop, Rock and Roll, etc., will they be the ones who actually get the credit and benefit from it, or will their creative labor continue to be stolen de facto, since some idiot will say that since Black people no longer exist, it doesn't matter? In other words, even if Black people don't exist in a de jure sense, will we still get screwed in a de facto sense, and how will you knuckleheads deal with that?

Will European Classical music continue to be elevated above Jazz as the more sophisticated art form, or will that change? Yes, Jazz vs. Classical music is a RACIAL issue, if you know what I mean. See, the battle isn't just about skin color. If you really want to abolish "race", you're going to have to restructure everything and how it's been viewed, especially in the cultural realm.

Sigh.

Art