Zionism vs. Black Nationalism

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Sun Aug 5 01:22:25 PDT 2001

G'day Art,

You first asked:

>What if Black people kicked all the white people out of
>Africa? Would that be bad? It wouldn't be to me, but I
>want to know what you white folks think.

And got fair answers, I thought. Had you wanted people's views on another question, it would have been best to ask that instead.

>I wasn't really contemplating some terroristic purge of white
>people from the African continent, raping virginal white
>women and then sending them packing, which I know was the
>scenario that popped into your White Supremacist heads.

You know no such thing. All a reader can do is read what you say, not what you're contemplating. And whatever point you're trying to make by calling people you hardly know 'white supremacists' and 'motherfuckers' risks evaporating in the heat.

And, of course you're right, power and money are what oppression and its resolution are all about. And yes, for racism to disappear, there must be a profound social revolution. The argument that such a transformation is most likely to be brought about by way of a black consciousness movement might be right for some settings and wrong for others ('white' and 'black' mean, do, and relate differently in different places). You're a black person in America, and if a significant number of black Americans agree with you, more strength to your arm. But if even the likes of your interlocutors here are to be cast as white supremacist motherfuckers, the revolution you have in mind is going to be a difficult road indeed.

Cheers, Rob.