Zionism vs. Black Nationalism

kwalker2 at gte.net kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Aug 5 13:40:22 PDT 2001

> > I wasn't really contemplating some terroristic purge of white
> > people from the African continent, raping virginal white
> > women and then sending them packing, which I know was the
> > scenario that popped into your White Supremacist heads.
> >
> > You know no such thing.
>
>Actually, I do.

well, that's not what i thought at all. i figured getting whites out would be easiest. of course, now i know that, oyv, you can be descended from Africa and be white, so i guess it wouldn't be so easy. still, it never occurred to me that it would entail raping women--virginal, white, or otherwise.

you dimiss, too easily, i think the problem of 'speaking for' as mere epistemology. i don't see how you can. how can you simply dismiss those blacks who disagree with you as white? can black feminists who disagree among themselves--as alice walker and patricia hill collins and audrey lord and barbara smith and barbara christian--regarding the nature of black women's oppression simply call each other men or not really women because. while their diagnoses of the problem may be similar, their presciptions for how to get from here to there may be different. can they just dismiss those black women who disagree with black feminism as not really women? i consider that a real problem--a problem of respect for others' points of views because i just can't so easily dismiss them as falsely consciouss or, as jennifer--redorange--cotter once said of patricia hill collins--as ignorant subjectivities.

i also ask because the forward on the BPP suggested that part of the problem was Leninist Vanguardism. Isn't your position here just that?