eco-optimism

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Tue Aug 7 10:55:06 PDT 2001

New York Times - August 7, 2001 Bjorn Lomborg: A Chipper Environmentalist By NICHOLAS WADE

...So it is a surprise to meet someone who calls himself an environmentalist but who asserts that things are getting better, that the rate of human population growth is past its peak, that agriculture is sustainable and pollution is ebbing, that forests are not disappearing, that there is no wholesale destruction of plant and animal species and that even global warming is not as serious as commonly portrayed...

Oh, goodie. Now we have some attainable environmental goals, thanks to Bjorn. After all, if the global environment isn't that bad, then why make it any better, when we can still make it a whole worse and get away with it?

I am heading out to change my oil and pour it down the storm drain. Hell the Bay can take, Bjorn the chipper environmentalist says so.

Chuck Grimes