AFL-CIO: enemy of caribou

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Aug 7 13:24:46 PDT 2001

-was there any counter-part to this under Clinton? -That's not a rhetorical question. I do know they -effectively de-unionized by accelerating contracting -out of Federal jobs, continuing what REagan began -with PATCO.

Yes, but they also gave pretty good support to local and state public employees unions fighting privatization. . . .

How? The only thing I know of was blocking then Gov Bush from privatizing Medicaid & Food Stamps. Not a small thing, but was there anything else?

mbs