lbo-talk-digest V1 #4706

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Aug 7 20:13:38 PDT 2001

Carrol wrote:

> Rhetoric, agitation, propaganda, and theory are legitimate topics of
> discussion. Communication in the abstract is not.

All communication is rhetorical.

Every successful act of communication is a consummated act of seduction (of which agitation, propaganda, etc., are but subsets). An instance marked by what we think of as a "lack" of communication is simply a failed attempt at seduction.

>From the beginning of self-(other)-consciousness in the infant to the
last glimmerings of consciousness in old age, our lives are comprised of seemingly infinite attempts at seduction, the most fundamental building block of social relations.

All our relations with others have their origin in the onanistic impulse.

That'll be $50...

--

/ dave /