eco optimism

Leslilake1 at aol.com Leslilake1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 23:19:57 PDT 2001

You know, I've seen this claim before, about forest acreage increasing, but I don't quite buy it, based purely on my own experience. Within my lifetime I've seen "lots of places" turned into wall-to-wall housing developments, or 5 acres + house, that in my childhood were miles and miles of woods. I can only assume that other people have had the same experience.

So where is all this increased forest acreage? I read once that it's on the east coast somewhere, where abandoned farms and pastures have grown back into forests. I've never been further east than the rockies, so I dunno. And from when is the "increase" dated?

Les