Eco-Optimisim

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Thu Aug 9 04:57:25 PDT 2001

Gar Lipow:
> For comparison I can think of a lot of occasions when feminists have
> gotten their facts wrong. (For example male violence against women does
> not peak during the Superbowl.) And it is not that uncommon for
> individual feminists to be contemptuous of working class men. In spite
> of this would anyone fail to recognize that the an attack on the
> feminist movement as either counterfactual or anti-worker is
> fundamentally wrong.

I think the question is not the validity of environmentalism or feminism or their application to the poor or the working class, but whether lying is a good strategy for advancing the causes, and if not, why it was employed. I speculate that it is a bourgeois habit, which can be observed in their way of dealing with the government and the media. Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to track down the geneaology of each fiction, so my speculation remains a mere speculation.