help me scam my students

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Aug 9 08:05:31 PDT 2001

The World Bank, _World Development Report 1994_ Table 30 also gives percentage shares of income by quintiles by country for 132 countries. That will allow you calculation of the mean income for each quintile in each country if you know the population size and the GDP.

wojtek

At 11:19 AM 8/9/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Michael McIntyre wrote:
>
>>So how can you help? Well, I'm looking for a little technical
>>support here. To make the second part work, it would be good to
>>have data on the world distribution of income fine-grained enough to
>>allow me to interpoate per capita incomes at specified percentile
>>levels (17, 31, 44, 56, 67, 75, 83, 89, 94, and 97 to be exact). If
>>that data is out there, I haven't seen it. I'm willing to go with
>>relatively unrefined data (non-PPP adjusted, based on median
>>national incomes, etc.) as long as I can use it to make a dirty
>>ball-park interpolation.
>
>World Bank economist Branko Milanovic has a paper on world income
>distribution
><http://wbln0018.worldbank.org/research/workpapers.nsf/(allworkingpapers)/8
DEA74BC10A97DCF8525683300663553?OpenDocument>