Wing-Nut Site

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Aug 9 16:47:48 PDT 2001

I was surfing around looking for right-wing responses to Lind's book and happened across a site that even Pugliese hasn't brought up. At least, I don't remember it.

The site is home for the individual pages of a collection of right-wing ideologues, the most well-known of whom are Peter Brimelow (Alien Nation) and Paul Craig Roberts (one of the looniest supply siders). It's called "VDARE." Free beer in Washington D.C. to whoever can guess the genesis of the name w/o peaking. I know Pugliese and the Chipster love this stuff, so here it is:

http://www.vdare.com/

I found it because the immigration views of Lind and Brimelow have a certain uncomfortable overlap.

Lind's purpose in wanting to restrict immigration seems entirely economic, if debatable. He would no more welcome an influx of Irish than Mexican. Brimelow and the paleo's are into the Christian nation concept, so more white folks are fine with them.

mbs