Wing-Nut Site

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 10 11:58:06 PDT 2001

Italians were here in the 18th century? Who knew.

mbs

Heh! Nah, my Mom and Dad were D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D (100 pennies for the name of the songwriter of the Tammy Wynette song! A bottle of George Jones favorite hard liquor to the correct guesser of the name of the producer. See one of the essay collections of Peter Guralnick for a drunken rant by George Jones when he was married to, and probably beating, Tammy Wynette...) back in 1979. My Mom refuses to do geneology on his side of the family tree. Just on her folks. Germans, mostly and Leake's from Britain.

I do know from cursory geneology my Dad did at the NYPL yrs. ago. that the Pugliese's started in the Apulia region of Italy, then went to Poland sometime in the 17th or 18th C. then to Ellis Island around WWI. Dad's Mom, was one of 9 children raised on a farm until, Ellis Island, then Pittsburgh. Michael Pugliese