Embryonic Stem Cells

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Aug 10 16:22:33 PDT 2001

Sheesh, I was in the car at least a dozen times today and for the 4-5 minutes each that I had NPR on, you'd think that the whole world was an expert on these things. Never mind that this "60" number seems to be something that _no one_ understands, even the experts on both sides of this idiotic debate, but squeezed in there somewhere was the information -- unconfirmed, of course -- that there was "some company in Menlo Park" that "owns half of them" ... I think it's Geron (NASDAQ: GERN) that they were talking about, but none of the news I've looked at suggests they have such a corner on these lines.

Their stock was 3x what it is today six months ago; what's up with that?

/jordan