Pro Business guy chides Marxists for "abandoningInternationalism"

Mon Aug 13 14:00:39 PDT 2001

>>> furuhashi.1 at osu.edu 08/13/01 04:56PM >>>
>After Genoa, this appears to be a recent tack - see also Time
>Magazine's essay on Negri & Hardt's "Empire" (text of which was
>recently posted in full on LBO and is searchable in its archives).
>
>The ridiculousness of it all: Banker's minions resuscitating the
>specter of a "globalist" Marx against globalizing
>"anti-globalization" protests. Go figure. Perhaps they really are
>selling us the rope...
>
>-Brad Mayer

Leftists have ourselves to blame, in that we have yet to make global protests against G8, the WB, the IMF, & the like clearly protests against capitalism & imperialism, rather than against "free trade" & "globalization." I don't think we'll be able to create the internationalist Left & make it grow by letting the other side portray us as opponents of "free trade" & "globalization."

(((((((((

CB: I wonder what the masses of workers are listening to and hearing with respect to the anti-imperialist protestes (named "anti-globalist").