Pro Business guy chides Marxists for "abandoning Internationalism"

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Mon Aug 13 15:06:24 PDT 2001

> I think we need to "Bring the War Home" so to speak. That's what I
> was trying to say to Ian:
>
> At 3:02 PM -0400 8/13/01, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> >You mean such institutions as the WB & the IMF, multinational
> >corporations, etc.? Why not the U.S. government, the preeminent
> >institution that keeps The Market going? Why not make it the main
> >target?
>
> The question is how, though.
>
> Yoshie
========= Well the IMF/WB are right down/across the street from the Federal Reserve, so having the march/dance of demonstrators with some effigy's of AG and some rad speeches would have them reaching for their Right Guard. Plus it would send a big signal that US activists are thinking systemically and we cannot be fooled into perpetuating the 'special interest group' model of organizing any longer. The walk to the Treasury Department and the White House and Congress might mean some have to get in shape :-) Buy some thick socks!

Ian