Capitalism's rate of decay ( Communication)

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Aug 14 13:48:34 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:
> > I'm all for ending capitalism. It's not likely to end itself.

Carrol Cox:
> Any peaceful ending of capitalism would, almost tautologically, be
> capitalism ending itself??????

Capitalism being a dynamic, progressive system containing positive-feedback loops, rather than a homeostatic one, we can expect it to transition to a state where it ceases to exist.

The problem is that some of these possible states entail the disappearance of a good deal besides capitalism, like most or all human beings. One might, therefore, want to help it along to a less dramatic exit.