Capitalism's rate of decay ( Communication)

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Thu Aug 16 13:06:42 PDT 2001

The word "capital" is Latin for a head of cattle. A single ox was a "pecus," which also has interesting etymological implications.

BTW, I have no idea which Latin speaker or writer first used the term "capital," but it has been around awhile. Barkley Rosser ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Murray" <seamus2001 at home.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 10:28 PM Subject: Re: Capitalism's rate of decay ( Communication)