Tidings of Joy

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sat Aug 18 00:35:55 PDT 2001

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Carrol Cox wrote:

> How does it give you hope? These campaigns (Nader & McReynolds) did not
> express any mass movement

Gloom, doom, all I ever hear around here. Neoliberalism is melting down in front of our very eyes, the NASDAQ has cratered, the US one-party state has powerfully discredited itself, unions are coming back to life, the G-8 can't hold a meeting anymore without inciting large-scale civil insurrections, the EU and Japan have a railgun called The Current Account Deficit wired to Wall Street's skull, ready to go off any nanosecond, and Max Payne hit #2 in the sales charts. Pessimism of the keiretsu intellect, optimism of the euro will!

-- Dennis