WB on its critics

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Aug 18 07:51:22 PDT 2001

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Bullshit. Capitalism brought those, in part, and in part suppressed
>them. Your Empire hasn't added a single goodie to the list that wasn't
>already there. It's pure daydreaming to keep up with this
>goodside/badside stuff. Back to Proudhon???

Nothing new under the sun. All is vanity. Marx is the old testament, Lenin the new, and the rest is apocrypha at best.

Carrol, reading your posts often makes me lust after a copy of Entertainment Weekly, just for relief. Or maybe I should step out & pick up the new ish of Talk, with the Helen Hunt cover story. She "comes out swinging," says the cover tease - with her, that's rich innuendo, no? Don't you wonder what's inside?

Doug