the great debate

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 16:09:04 PDT 2001

<< Improvements for who? The bankers and capital market
> 'engineers'
> who've fucked everything up or the poor?>>

Ianm,

I agree with you...I am just wondering what the World Bank was projecting as the amount of time it would take to see improvements, especially since some of these structural adjustment programs have been in place for a long time now. Given this length of time, I dont see how they can offer that as a valid explanation. Of course, the powers that be dont want to see these countries do too well as evidenced by the 80s attack against South Korea.

Anyway, I do think they are bullshitting but I am just wanting to anticipate what their bullshit is going to be in the debate.

Thomas