Governor of Alabama takes a stand (against boys with earrings)

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Wed Aug 22 13:09:47 PDT 2001

Gov. Don Siegelman of Alabama said Tuesday:

"I don't think guys ought to be wearing earrings. I think kids that put metal through their tongues are idiots."

"[Kids] image affects their ability to succeed in life."

"Parents ought to be there talking to their kids and saying, `You know what kind of fool you look like with an earring? If God had wanted you to wear earrings, He'd have made you a girl.'"

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/99847175923732224.xml

Jim (Modern non-Primitive)

"I don't worry 'bout a thing coz I know nothing's gonna turn out right"

--Mose Allison