Externalities

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 00:42:14 PDT 2001

I can't applaud Patrick Bond's and the Soweto Electricity Crisis Committee's campaign for free electricity enough. And while I am sure that pointing out the disparities between white profligacy in water use has some agitational effect, isn't the laudable aim of the S.E.C.C. to promote a great increase in consumption? Doesn't that imply increased electricity production? Don't you need more dams/reactors/power stations to meet that demand?

In message <200108230538.HAA28820 at brain.sn.apc.org>, Patrick Bond <pbond at wn.apc.org> writes

-- James Heartfield