Boycotting Nestle?

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Thu Aug 23 01:52:20 PDT 2001

James Heartfield wrote:

> Johannes is surprisingly naive sometimes.
>
> These sorts of scare stories about the terrible fate that will befall
> babies who are not indulged by home-bound earth mothers are ten-a-penny.

Heh, you have swallowed my hook.

I do not want to go on with the pro-and-cons of breast feeding, but how do we make out the difference between 'true' science and scare stories? That's why I have posted the link to the Archives of Disease in Childhood.

I think it is sort of contradictadory to pose as the defender of science against irrationality on the one hand and on the other hand to dismiss scientific results as 'scare stories', if you simply do not like them (perhaps for good reasons).

Johannes