Fidel and Khomeini's Grandson

Thu Aug 23 10:33:06 PDT 2001

Charles Brown wrote:

>CB: What "sort of thing" are you talking about ?

Sandbox-style exchanges of name-calling disguised as political debate.

CB: I'm not involved in any immature ( sandbox-style) exchanges here. That is a mischaracterization of what happened.

Michael Pugliese , out of the blue, posts to this list something I posted to another list. I didn't debate him. I characterized him as a sneaky, provacator, and I did in a manner that is the style of this list. You had the responsibility to reprimand him and not me. That post was not on a subject that the members of this list are not likely to be interested in, yet I am put in the position of having to use my posts to explain it. Where were you on that, moderator ?

Then he sends me something offlist on the topic in a further provacation. He sent you a carbon copy for some reason, and you said nothing about that. That's offlist harassment, and you didn't do anything about i.

It is entirely appropriate for me to show the public what he is doing, and it is not immature on my part, since you didn't do it.

I'm not debating Micheal Pugl. , so I am not disguising anything as a political debate. What I am doing is your job as moderator to reprimand reprobates like Micheal Pugliese. I never brought up to this list the issue of Fidel and Khomeini's Grandson, so I am not obligated to debate it here. It is legitimate for me to reply in protest, ( including by use of a joke name calling, entirely within the style and etiquette of the list) and it is grossly unfair for you to put me in the same category as Michael Pugliese in this exchange of posts.

Your characterization of me as involved in sandbox style exhanges is a slander. I am the adult involved in this.

The only mistake I made was to call him Goebbels instead of J. Edgar Hoover The Second.

And by the way, such salty talk goes on all the time on your list, so to suddenly threaten me to throw me off is unequal treatment and blaming the victim. By that standard, LBO-talk is a sandbox half the time ; suddenly you get real strict about sandbox talk. That's a double standard.