Racist Comedy?

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Thu Aug 23 13:13:15 PDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Dennis wrote:

> When "All in the Family" premiered in 1970, a lot of people, liberal whites
> especially (like John Leonard in Life magazine), worried that Archie
> Bunker's coarse language might seem too literal to some, that the show was
> tacitly endorsing the use of words like "spade," "chink," and "hebe" solely

What is a "hebe"? I've never heard that term before, other than as the name of the Greek Goddess that was the daughter of Zeus and Hera.

I've been using the Greek Mythos to name internet firewalls, and may have unknowingly offended....

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ PGP Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 icq: 120941588

I do not want to die without any scars.

-Tyler Durden