Racist Comedy?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Aug 24 12:44:12 PDT 2001

> She purposely picked the most
> inoffensive racist term she could find.

I don't think the "-- and who doesn't?" would have worked as well with other "more offensive" (??) groups ...

I read that joke as having an additional level of blurring of "chinks" throughout the joke between a group and a kind of takeout food, but maybe that's just my ex-New Yawker showing through; the phrase "having the chinks for dinner" was one of her targets, I thought.

---

Ok, I think this thread is officially overblown :-)

/jordan