populism

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri Aug 24 13:18:32 PDT 2001

I guess I really will have to read this. I haven't yet. Ummphh.

I'm not an historian, but I would argue with confidence that if you read the first 50 pp of Goodwyn's book, you ought to conclude that he's too deep to be very far wrong, if wrong at all. But I pledge now to read the Chipster and render my invaluable verdict.

max

Read the damn book:

Berlet, Chip & Matthew N. Lyons. (2000). Right-Wing Populism in America: Too Close for Comfort. New York: Guilford Press.

Webpage for book: http://www.publiceye.org/tooclose/more.htm

Goodwyn is as biased for populism as Bell and Hofstadter are against it.

If the New York Review of Books can praise our book on populism you can at least recognize that it exists.

-Hmmmphhh

-Chip Berlet