Fallwell on Helms

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Sun Aug 26 09:51:51 PDT 2001

Damn, it connects with the populism thread but I can't find the text I'm fishing for that went into how the property rights of the Grange laws in the south helped to turn cattlemen into populists and radicals.....anyway here's more as I continue my Michael Pugliese mimicry..............

Author Alston, Lee J., 1951- Title Southern paternalism and the American welfare state : economics, politics, and institutions in the South, 1865-1965 / Lee J. Alston, Joseph P. Ferrie Pub info Cambridge, U.K. ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1999

Author Schweninger, Loren Title Black property owners in the South, 1790-1915 / Loren Schweninger Pub info Urbana : University of Illinois Press, c1990