Goodwyn on the present, or 1989

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Aug 27 09:07:14 PDT 2001

My notion of agency is not centered on what Doug calls the petit-bourgeoisie. It is centered on labor. It includes the p-b. I'd prefer the p-b to identify with the working class than the capitalist class.

mbs

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Max Sawicky wrote:
>
> >The best audience for populism right now in the U.S.
> >would be people who might have joined the Reform Party
> >before Buchanan destroyed it.
>
> And who's that? An enraged petit bourgeoisie? Perot's 1992 base?

How would you characterize the current petty bourgeosie? Are you using it as a synonym for "petty producers," or does it have some other content?

Carrol