Open Source capitalists

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 30 13:26:48 PDT 2001

Right. Three quick points. (1) I was consciously indulging in "bending the stick" (Draper, in a defense of WITBD does remark that he personally opposes bending the stick, because when a stick gets bent too often it gets bent out of shape). (2) Capitalism _cannot_ survive a strong working class -- but what that means is a matter of endless discussion. (3) "Nation-state/imperialism" are of a different order than the other three tensions -- which is one of the reasons Hardt/Negri are not so much wrong as pure fluff, a mere filibuster, an academic hoax.

Carrol