Marx adheres to anything

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Aug 31 08:49:15 PDT 2001

Well, with the aid of Quark Express and Photoshop, I have faithfully duplicated said excellent logo (appropriated from Kalashnikov & Co., which will have me pursued by shadowy figures speaking in non-American accents in short order), and added a topical tagline at bottom. I hereby commit it to the public domain, as seen at the bottom of the following page:

http://fnast.com/004.html

The above is for entertainment purposes only, of course. / dave /

It's kind of amazing that the color scheme and font style similarities, create the impression of a whole identity system, just the way they are supposed to for branding. In fact, I could see using this identity system for a whole rash of leftist miscellanea. If these ever took off as popular items, you just might be able to fuck up the usual voter bumper stick print culture.

You know who was really good at this sort of thing were the Cubans, and latin americans in general. Their graphics culture is very design conscious. Once in the very long ago, the university art museum at UCB started off in a small campus fire station (slated to be torn down) and its first show (organized by art/architecture) students was a display of posters, t-shirts, banners, bumper stickers, buttons and other political miscellanea from student movements here and around the world. The French, Mexicans, and Cubans did the best work. I think Peter Zelz did the main curation for it. Of course that was a never to be repeated scene, once the new building was finish.

Chuck Grimes