Afghanistan: As Bad as Its Reputation? (by Michael Rubin)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Dec 1 12:44:09 PST 2001

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>What I want to know is whether what Rubin said before the Taliban's
>>rise to the status of America's No. 1 Enemy is a more accurate
>>picture of Afghan women than what the Feminist Majority says about
>>the same.
>
>Wow. Sometimes you sound like a 70-year old male Leninist.
>
>Doug

As a feminist & marxist, I'm first of all interested in how different classes of women in Afghanistan actually live and work in different regions (urban vs. rural, north vs. south, etc.), the subject that apparently interests few (except "70-year old male Leninists"???). If you got better studies from better sources than what's posted, you might present them here, instead of being coy. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>