Post-Galbraoith Warfare- Bombing can win wars

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Dec 1 15:18:55 PST 2001

I am sorry if I was not more clear. I have never read any of the economists comment on Dresden-Hiroshima. They did say that the bombing to create economic bottlenecks failed, but nothing on what you are calling strategic bombing.

I did not intend to say that the strategic bombing was ineffective.

The German bombing of Britain only made British resolve stronger because they never attained the level of terror bombing -- wiping out whole populations.

What has become more of an emphasis as I see it is the effort to destroy the civilian infrastructure. How long could New York City hold out if its water and sewage systems were wiped out, especially if efforts to resupply it with water would be subject to bombing?

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901