Ginger (or, Neo-Schumpeterians Killer App?)

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Mon Dec 3 10:46:27 PST 2001

Thomas Seay wrote:

> Well, some people may poo-poo Segway, but I think it
> is brilliant. This technology is just in its
> infancy...we need only think of the beginnings of the
> airplane or the car.
>
> I dont doubt that part of the hype was a marketing
> ploy but I think the consumer public expects things to
> appear in a perfect form as soon as it appears. I can
> definitely see why some, especially engineers, would
> be enthusiastic about it though.

I have a killer app that I use to get around town. It's been perfected after several million years of product testing.

It's called walking.

This may be an interesting toy with some practical uses, but it will not "revolutionize" transportation technology.

Wake me up when they they start talking about "the first practical application of anti-gravity."

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.com/ MutualAid.org (coming soon) AIM: AgentHelloKitty

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).