time capsule

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 3 06:05:38 PST 2001

[it's 1999 all over again!]

"Web Site Aids with New Year's Resolutions" myGoals.com Makes Resolutions More Effective

Scottsdale, AZ -- December 1, 2001 -- As the end of the year approaches, myGoals.com reminds people that there is a right way and a wrong way to set New Year's resolutions.

"Unfortunately, most New Year's resolutions are utterly forgotten by February," said Greg Helmstetter, CEO of myGoals.com, "but technology has provided a way to make your resolutions highly effective."

The first secret, according to Helmstetter, is to begin developing a plan-of-attack immediately upon setting the resolution, while your motivation is still strong. The second secret is to find some way to regularly remind yourself to stick to your plan.

myGoals.com, the Web's best-of-class goal management service, exists specifically to help people do these two things. The site first walks people through a step-by-step process that makes it easy for anybody to create an effective plan for accomplishing any type of personal or professional goal. myGoals.com then keeps people motivated and on track by sending them email task reminders that arrive precisely when it's time to be working on a particular task.

"Through technology," says Helmstetter, "we've essentially automated the two hardest parts of reaching a goal: planning and follow-through. With myGoals.com, it's hard not to succeed if you simply go through the steps."

In addition to helping people create their own Goalplans from scratch, myGoals.com provides "pre-made Goalplans" that are written by editors and come pre-loaded with expert information, making goal-setting fast and easy. Examples include pre-made Goalplans "To Lose 10 Pounds," "To Pay Off My Debt," and "To Buy a House."

"Our pre-made Goalplans have been very popular, including some big surprises" says Helmstetter. "You might expect a lot of people to set goals to get in shape or make more money, or perhaps climb a mountain. Indeed they do. But one of our most popular Goalplans has been 'To Adopt a Pet.' It turns out that people set goals about pretty much everything, whatever is most important in their lives at that time."

About myGoals.com, Inc.

Defining a new category of personal productivity tool called "goal-setting," myGoals.com is the first Web-based goal-setting application designed for high-volume and mass-market appeal. The company also provides goal management services for corporations and large organizations.

Press Room: http://www.mygoals.com/about/pressRoom.html

Media Contact:

Anthony Helmstetter VP Marketing myGoals.com (480)513-2681 anthony at mygoals.com