Israel Cabinet 7 for and 7 against toppling Arafat....plusIsrael Turns Palestinian Towns into Prisons

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Dec 3 09:24:35 PST 2001

I don't see any, except for the slim possibility of a far-sighted, rational State Department.

Two more depressing data-points in this vein: Joe Lieberman's advocacy of an Iraq invasion, and Chuck Schumer's likening of Arafat with the Taliban. Put this together with the likelihood that somebody like Al Gore would feel obliged to over-compensate in military response to terrorism and we are almost at the point where the Dems, at least in terms of the presidential race, really are not the lesser of evils from a liberal standpoint.

mbs

>We could hypothesize that the Israeli model -- endless terrorism
>and state repression as a bulwark against any progressive change --
>will be the domestic content of the New World Order. Who 'started
>it' becomes irrelevant. It just goes on.

With no way out? Doug