Israel Cabinet 7 for and 7 against toppling Arafat....plus Israel Turns Palestinian Towns into Prisons

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Mon Dec 3 11:51:17 PST 2001

Yes this is true...it is well documented in the book (as I remember) "Intifada" by Ze'ev Shciff and Ehud Ya'ari...and you can't get two more establishment Israeli jounalists as them...Ehud Ya'ari is the Arab Affairs correspondent for Channel 2 news in Israel (in Israel an Arab Affairs correspondent is always an Israeli telling us what he thinks the Arabs think...more or less Israeli government spokespeople, and I remember Israel Shahak accused him of actually being a front for Israeli Intelligence in the media). Anyway their book "Intifada" was published in 1989 or 1990, and there is a section discussing the Israeli governments early backing of Hamas against the secular groups in the PLO...playing one off against the other.

Bryan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cian O'Connor" <cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 9:04 PM Subject: RE: Israel Cabinet 7 for and 7 against toppling Arafat....plus Israel Turns Palestinian Towns into Prisons