Israel Cabinet 7 for and 7 against toppling Arafat....plusIsrael Turns Palestinian Towns into Prisons

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon Dec 3 12:08:53 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>
>A friend (an Iraqi Jew) once noted that folks outside
>the region don't recognize how much conflict always precedes compromise
>among the Jews and Palestinians.

-Then I'll alert the Nobel peace prize committee. The current state of -Israeli-Palestinian relations must mean there's one hell of a compromise at -hand.

It took the first Intifada to even force the Oslo process into existence-- it didn't just come out of the goodness of Bush Senior's heart. It may take the second Intifada to force Israel to finally make a real deal. That strategy (probably wrong-headed in my mind but who knows) was what inspired this newest uprising in the first place.

-- Nathan Newman