Mutually assured thuggery...

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Mon Dec 3 12:48:53 PST 2001

> >>We could hypothesize that the Israeli model -- endless terrorism
> >>and state repression as a bulwark against any progressive change --
> >>will be the domestic content of the New World Order. Who 'started
> >>it' becomes irrelevant. It just goes on.

Doug:
> >With no way out?

joanna bujes:
> Mutually assured thuggery. It worked during the cold war and will probably
> work now. I used to think pacifism was a naive position. Now I am not so
> sure.

Pacifism appears at first to be not only naive but childishly absurd, contrary to both nature and reason, an invitation to the very evils it rejects. But gradually, as consideration eliminates some kinds of action and experience others, one is drawn slowly but surely to the awful brink.

-- Gordon