Alleged anti-americanism

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 4 05:31:11 PST 2001

Charles Jannuzi says:

> >>instead of seeing that it's not about america, but about capitalism, they
>tend to equate america with so many "bad" things, that they can't imagine
>an american interest might be the theoretically right thing to do.<<
>putting the scissors down
>
>I hate to snip and snipe, so let me say here I'm not trying to. However, it
>seems to me that if we are going to talk about global capitalism we have to
>be clear just how far out there on its own the US is--in oh so many ways.

To take just one example, on the embargo on Cuba, the US stands alone with only Israel and the Marshall Islands supporting it. Far out there on its own.... -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>