Fw: Why I'm leaving the NY Coalition for Peace and Justice

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 10:09:52 PST 2001

<<In my personal survey of my friends and neighbors who are of color they did not agree that not addressing the issue of bringing those who attacked the WTC to justice should breakdown on racial lines. Of the dozen people of color I asked about the issue, not one felt that there should not be a strong position to bring the perpetrators to some kind of justice. And they all oppose the war.>>

If I understand correctly, the above is one of the main reasons that this activist believes is responsible for the inability of the movement to grow and reach out to others beyond the usual cast of characters present at every political event.

If that is so, I totally agree with her. A movement needs to be built apart from the groups like the IAC (and others) who are strangling the movement because they refuse to condemn the terrorist actions.

-Thomas