Fw: Why I'm leaving the NY Coalition for Peace and Justice

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Tue Dec 4 18:12:45 PST 2001

>>They'll join when the
social order begins collapsing and we wise leftists turn out to have all the answers. Right now, those who don't realize that Uncle Sam is a thug are a lost cause - benighted racists in the pay of imperialism. Forget them, and just concentrate on herding the cadre.<<

Really Doug, this reads so much better if read in a totally unironic way.

Sure, 'democracy' belongs to the prevailing majority opinion--or at least those who say they represent it.

But once an opinion is a majority, it is already history. In that sense, the US response to 9-11 is already history.

The future, however, belongs to minority opinions. That is the left's destiny: to create the future but never get any acknowledgement for it, even from self-denying, free lance leftists like yourself.

Charles Jannuzi