Will's Jihad

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Dec 5 07:09:39 PST 2001

Another outburst from a man who's never donned a uniform (and I doubt ever touched or cleaned a weapon), but who revels in thoughts of imperial violence and mass slaughter -- no, not Hitch -- George Will. Check this:

"Now Israel should be as bold in its self-defense as America is being in its. In 1982, Israel drove Arafat and his thugs from Lebanon to Tunisia. He and his thugocracy have earned another expulsion from the eastern end of the Mediterranean. If he cannot control his territory, it is in anarchy and Israel must subdue it. If he can control it but won't, he has earned expulsion under the principle America cites in expelling the Taliban from power. "If expulsion strikes the U.S. State Department as, well, immoderate, here is a moderate version of the idea. When next the peripatetic Arafat flies off to visit world capitals, Israel should not let him come back: He cannot land in PA territory if Israel does not let him.

"That is more than an idea. It is a plan."

I'll say -- a plan that should pile up the bodies even faster than what Shamir pulled off in '82. I've refrained from commenting on this topic in the past few days simply because the racist hypocrisy is so wall-to-wall thick that I get nauseous just thinking about it. I've never seen the US media so authoritarian as now; and even if someone who's moderately sympathetic to Palestinian lives pops up, they are steamrolled by anchors and talk show hosts who ask them if they are "justifying" Hamas terror. I saw this the other day on CNN's "Talk Back Live," and it sickened me. The mere mention of Israeli terror in the territories, or of the "generous" offer of disconnected bits of turf dominated by the IDF while roads are cut off, water is stolen, and settlements are built, is immediately cut off with "Does that justify killing Israeli civilians?!?" The defense of Palestinians is now, apparently, a terrorist action, as is providing historical context, i.e., what the Israelis are doing to them on an hourly basis.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52701-2001Dec3.html

DP